Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Monday to you and welcome to Nonna's Craft Corner!
I'm happy that you stopped by because it's time for another "Challenge Me Monday"!  This week our challenge for you at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is to create a project for your Mother, Grandmother, Aunt or other special lady in your life using her favorite color.

My card this week is for my own special lady...my Mama.  I know that pink is one of her favorite colors and she really likes the "vintage look".  I'm still trying to get the hang of creating a "vintage" look and thought I would give it a go for this year's Mother's Day card....


Recipe:

* Patterned paper - K&Company
* Flower and leaves - Cricut cartridge "Flower Shoppe"
* Trim - Canvas Corp Fringe
* Spellbinders - "Lacy Ovals"
* Sentiment - My Pink Stamper "Happiest Moments"
* Twine
* Stick pins - Maya Road

I distressed all the edges of my cardstock and inked them up with Ranger Distress Ink in "Vintage Photo"  I also machine stitched around the edges...


Thanks for letting me share my card with you today!  And, before you go, I need to announce the winner of the "Jubilee" cartridge from last week's Fantabulous Cricut Crawl!  I had a total of 55 comments and I let my hubby be my "Random Number Generator!  I told him to choose a number between 1 and 55 and he chose........

Number 42! (which happened to be a score on the ballgame he was watching at the time!)

Linda said...
42
Love your paper clips, they are darling! Thank you for your inspiration!

Linda
Congrats to you Linda!  Please use the "Contact Corner" at the top of my blog to send me your mailing address and I will get your cart in the mail to you!
Ok, now it's your turn!  First...hop over to FCCB and see what the fabulously talented Design Team has put together this week to inspire you.  Then...go...get creative...and link up your Mother's Day project with us.  I can't wait to see what you create!

Until next time,

22 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I think this card is a gorgeous work of art! You have used so many techniques in such a small space! Fabulous!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is beautiful!! I love the stitching, distressing and gorgeous flower!! Beautiful vintage Mother's Day card:) I am SURE she will love it!! Nice job my friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...I love the flower and details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I think you "do" vintage very well!

    Congratulations to Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vintage card...love it!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just a gorgeous card, you nailed the vintage feel to perfection! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vintage look? YOU NAILED IT :) I absolutely love this card! I love the pins, doily, everything!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to pop back and tell you thanks for sharing the idea of inking up Arya's foot or hand for on a card...love this idea! TFS!!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful vintage card. The added stitching detail is just a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is gorgeous! The flower and paper is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. You did a fabulous job on that! I love the flower.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Tanya. I love the colors. Beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tanya,BEAUTIFUL job with your GORGEOUS card!LOVE your flower,Have a great day!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. Love the flower and the pins tied with the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet, she will LOVE it! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, our weekend is looking very full, as always!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My... This is STUNNING!!! That fold design on the top is so clever. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW! This is simply lovely Tanya! I Think you're getting pretty darn good with the vintage look! I think your Momma is gonna LOVE this card! The flowers, doily, paper,etc... ALL works together perfectly! I LOVE IT! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card. Love all the detail. It looks like it took a long time to make.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is awesome!! Just awesome!!! So so beautiful!!!!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Lovely, you did a great job with the vintage look! I love the added bows and stick pins. So very pretty. How do you like that cartridge? Have you found many uses for it because I was kinda thinking of getting it, but didn't know if it had a lot of versatility. I love the flower you used on this card! The leaves are a super nice touch. :)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is beautiful!! I just love all the distressing that you've done - and the folded top is such a lovely look! I'm sure your mother was delighted with her card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs