Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Peachy Keen - Shape It Up Challenge

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by!
If you follow my Facebook page, you've probably already heard this story - feel free to scroll on down the page!!!  If you missed it, I have to share my latest "misadventure" with you!

Many of you "know" my little 8 pound bundle of energy, Lola.  Well, Sunday night my hubby and I were playing with her, trying to tire her out before bedtime.  I got a little too rowdy with her and she snipped at me - I think one of those sharp little teeth sort of "snagged" on the crease at the base of my finger.  She yanked back and so did I and the two of us managed to mangle my right, index finger - YES - my crafting hand!  Off to the ER at 10:00 that night - 2 hours, 4 stitches, tetanus shot and prescription for antibiotics - then finally home!  All this on my hubby's birthday!

I will spare you the gorier details, but will share the blessing that it seems the bite missed the nerves that run along the sides of the finger and missed the muscle that helps spread the fingers. So, hopefully once the swelling goes down and the stitches are out I will be back to normal (whatever that is).  So, if I have lots of typos, am slow to post or slow to visit your blog - just know that I'm working on it as I am having to hen-peck everything!  I'm thankful that I had a few projects finished and ready to post!  And now I'm stop blabbing and get on with it....
This week's challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps is "Cards Only -Shape It Up".
And, here's what I came up with....

(click on photo to enlarge)
* The ornament shape is from the Silhouette Online Store.  I used the Offset function to create a shadow, duplicated and flipped it.  Then I welded the 2 shapes together to make a card base.
* That cute little tree is from Peachy Keen - PK-12
* The Santa and sentiment are also from Peachy Keen - PK-332
* Sentiment mat is Spellbinders die "Grommet Tags"
* This card got lots of glitter and bling!
* I used Stickles on Santa's clothes and Martha Stewart coarse glitter on the sentiment
* The red "ornaments" are from Recollections
* The green, glittery gems are from The Paper Studio


* I also used lots of pop dots to make my little Christmas scene stand out!

I am also linking this card up with the following challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas - Challenge #94 - Holiday Spirit
Little Scrap Pieces - Make It Sparkle
Paper Playtime - Christmas Colors

Ok, this hen pecking is getting to me!  Thanks for letting me share my sad story with you!  Oh, by the way, we are thinking of changing Lola's name to Spike...whatcha think?

Until next time,

25 comments:

  1. So gorgeous...and yikes about the finger! I sliced the pad of my left thumb almost off with a knife in October. It was horrible...the freezing was the worst! The thumb is totally healed now...you can't even see the scar...4 stitches too, but the feeling is funny still. Good luck...owie! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total cuteness, Tanya! Your Santa ornament card is wonderful! I'm so sorry about your finger. I have a little Yorkie-Poo named Lola, but thankfully, she's never gotten as close as your Lola did to your finger. Hope you make a speedy and complete recovery!
    ~Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Tanya!! I love Santa and the tree!! What a fabulous design!! I can't believe you made this beauty with a damaged finger!! I bet Lola felt awful for hurting you :( I hope the pain has subsided and that you have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! Love the cuts used! Too precious. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a darling card, love the Christmas of it all. Sorry to hear about your bite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your adorable shaped card!! The PKS are too cute and the bling...perfect!! Such an awesome in my eye "Top Peach" card :)
    TFS and have a GREAT night!
    BTW~ so sorry to hear about your finger :( hope the road to recovery is a fast one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanya - I'm so sorry to read about your Spike (Lola) bite!! How nasty for you! I do hope it heals quickly.

    Your card is amazing! I love the glitter and the details are all so wonderful! You are incredibly talented to be able to create such amazing work with limited use of a hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya, your card turned out wonderfully! I love all the added bling! I'm sorry to hear about your finger and hope that you heal quickly so that you can create again. Thanks for sharing your talents at Peachy Keen Stamps! ~Hugs, saundra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, not fun!! Sorry to hear about your finger!!! Take it easy and let it heal!
    This is really cute!! I love the shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute card! So sorry to hear about your mishap. I'm betting Lola felt bad. Feel better soon:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! Love that Christmas tree! Great job on everything! Hope you're healed up real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so Awesomely Perfect. I just LOVE LOVE this. Awesome coloring and love your shaped card. I saw your finger :( I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tanya ~ First of all your card is AMAZING!! I LOVE the shape you chose and oh my the details!! Seriously the coloring , the paper, the dimension ~ LVOE this too! I know i sound like a broken record but I can't help myself ~ I adore your creations! Okay as for your finger ~ I thought I saw that somewhere! Oh my you poor thing!! I hope it heals fast for so many reasons! I am sure Lola felt horrible doing it and your reaction! Plus on your hubs birthday no less! Hang in there and don't worry about commenting ~ LET that finger heal properly or we won;t see your AMAZING creations! note I type with barely 2 fingers on a good day! LOL! I wish I was kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love all the details! Hope your finger heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your super cute ornament! The cuts are so fun and just festive! Another awesome project Tonya! Take care of yourself....hope it heals fast:) hugs!
    Sherrie K
    http;//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous ornament beautifully decorated I love the colours. Oh dear I hope your finger gets better soon. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no! I hope your poor little finger heals real fast :)
    Wow, this card is super CUTE and the images are awesome! Great job Tanya!
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Tanya!

    That's too bad about Lola...or is it Spike?! ;)
    I hope you heal quickly and aren't in any pain!!!

    Thanks so much for taking the time to share your cute ornament card (especially with your hurt finger)!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope your finger heals quickly and completely. I love your card. Such a cute Santa image. Love all your details. Happy healing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the details of the card - its fabulous. Ouch - and Spike seems a good name!! Hope you are on the mend soon. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful! Gorgeous shaped card!!! And hope your hand heals fast! That's no fun at all!!! So glad you joined us at Peachy Keen this week though!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. the coloring on this project is gorgeous. I hope you also feel better soon.

    Never would've thought to make the ornament shape, I think i'm going to have to steal that idea :)


    Thanks for joining the Peachy keen stamps Challenge

    hugs

    Cristina

    PKS Design team
    http://www.craftingwithcristina.com
    http://www.peachykeenstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bless your heart!! Little Miss Spike sounds like a good name for her!! Love love love your Santa scene!! The Santa and that tree are just awesome. Love how you did the sentiment with all that glitter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally forgot to tell you, Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow can't believe you make this with a injured had. Hope all turns out well. You card is dazzling amazing details love the shape! Thank you so very much for joining the LSP make it sparkle challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs