Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Under The Sea

Hello everyone and welcome to my little corner of the crafting world!
I hope your week is going well for you.  Things are moving right along here at my house!  We have a few more things to "tweak" on our VBS set, but it looks like everything should be ready in time for our Kick Off Party on the 29th...thank you Lord!  Oh...and more good news...Emma made an A+ on her fabulous waterfall...yippee! And...the fridge is up and running again...and....I actually found a bit of crafting time over the last couple of days...my blessings are over-flowing this week ♥

Before I show you what I've been working on, I have to tell you about the fun stamps I used for this project.  First of all, I am notorious for ordering all these fun tools that I just "have to have".  Then I tear into the package when they come in...oooh and aah over them...and promptly put them away, promising myself that I will try them out "later".  Well...you know how "later" never seems to arrive.  So, when my latest "have to have" items arrived I decided this time would be different!  I have a wonderful crafting friend who just so happens to sell CTMH products (you can visit Bobby's CTMH site HERE) and I just received my latest order from him. When I pulled out these great stamps I couldn't wait to play with them...no putting them aside and forgetting about them this time!  Let me show you how cute this stamp set is....

(click on photo to enlarge)

This stamp set is called "Under The Sea" and I think it is just adorable!

Here's the first two cards...


and the next 2 cards...


and the box to hold all these fun cards...


How fun is this?  I had such a good time working on these!  It's hard to be grumpy or sad when you're working with such cute stamps and fun colors!

Supplies used:
* Close To My Heart stamp set "Under The Sea"
* Copics (I'm not very good with them yet, but loved using them)
* Various Spellbinders for the mats
* "Surf's Up" paper stack by Recollections
* Crinkle ribbon and twine
* Gems by Recollections and some charms and buttons from my stash of goodies
* Stickles
* 3-D Stationary Box from the Silhouette Store (designed by Lori Whitlock)

Thanks for letting me share all my good news and my newest project with you today!  I always love hearing from you guys and I love to visit you to see what you've been up to also!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon!

Until next time,

21 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL set of cards....love the papers and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GORGEOUS!!!! I love the designs with the papers!

    OH- I do the same thing. I buy something fantastic and store it until I can't remember what was so fabulous about it. I am so impressed that you took the bull by the horns on this one! What a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fish I was as talented as you. (I know, I am only funny to myself, but that's ok.) These are adorable. Oh, I fish I could see them in person. (Just ignore me...I'll stop soon.) Seriously, love this set. The papers are so bright and fun. Love the way you've embellished every card and stamp. These are offishally (It's a sickness) one of my favorite projects from you. Dang, girl. You week has turned around. Auguri to Emma and her Nonna for the great grade. And your fridge is up and running again...(you better catch it!). OK. I'm leaving. Don't ban me....I'm only this bad every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun a little set of cards. Love the paper you used on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those are wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards!!!! They are all wonderful! Congrats on Emma's A+!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful!! Love the colorful papers and such cute stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! Tanya! These are just darling!!! I just got that set too! I love it and haven't had time yet to do anything with it. I am SO glad that I didn't. I am so excited to see all of these amazing bright colors with them and it totally changes what I was thinking of trying. There is no way they will be even close to these, but now I am so excited to give them a go. I am too chicken to try the copics, so I will go the chicken route and play with my colored pencils. Hee! Hee! I am just SO excited to see these!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well... you know.... I'm just as guilty as you with the "Must Have" Tools and things.... :o) But I'm sooo glad you took these right out and put them to work! They are all SOOOOO CUTE! And YES they put a big ole' smile on my face! I'm gonna confess something to you... Don't tell... :o) I got the Art Philosophy cartridge and ALL the stuff that came with it... you know ALL those stamps... and I ummmm... have yet to use any of those stamps!!! But they are nicely stored in my craft room! LOL I'm soooo happy Emma got an A.... It really was an AWESOME project! :o) And thanks sooo much for the Birthday wishes.... I got my TOY!! And I took some pictures to post on my blog tomorrow.... I hope to anyway.... I haven't cut nothin' yet but it is out of the box and on my desk!!! one step closer!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tanya, these are super cute. You used the perfect paper too. I love all the bright colors. You colored beautifully. I have a few copics as well as another brand but when I use them it just looks like a little kid making a mess with "magic marker". I am going to order AP soon and hopefully some stamps to go with it. I just love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Tanya, I can see why these stamps were "must have", because now I MUST have them!!! Such darling cards!!! Congrats to Emma on her A+!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your "sea" cards! SOO cute. Also, your
    Grandaughter's waterfall was fabulous! I'm also bad about things I "have to have" and now these Under the Sea stamps have been added to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, these stamps are really fun. No wonder you didn't put them away. Your cards are fabulous. Love the papers and all of your designs.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZERS......this is such an adorable set:) You did a fabulous job on the paper choice and your coloring is fantastic!! Great job:)
    I can relate with you in regards to have to have....and then I set it aside and never get to it. Great intentions...but, who know's...get to busy:) I am going to practice what you did when my product comes that I just ordered from MCT...thanks for the inspiration!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, those are so vibrant and pretty. Reminds me of the beach - I can't wait to have my feet in the sand again this summer!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your VBS set, I know it will be great!

    Great job on these - way to go for using your new goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! These are fabulous, Tanya! Each project is so wonderfully made! What fantastic images too - and you've done such a marvellous job colouring each one!
    I'm glad that things are settling down for you. It seems so early for VBS! The churches up here just do them in the summer. I pray that all will go well with yours and that the children will truly be impacted by the messages they hear.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty cards. Do you have a tutorial for the box you made to hold the cards? I would love to learn how to make one. Thank you.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs