Good morning everyone and welcome to Nonna's Craft Corner!
I have a fun project to share with you today....and...the winner of my Halloween treats from the Pink By Design Halloween Blog Hop!
Ok...you know I'm gonna do the project first, so just bear with me (no scrolling to the bottom)!
Do you know one of those people who just always seems to have something nice or something kind to say? Someone who just puts you in a better mood after chatting? Someone who goes out of their way to do something nice? If you know the kind of friend I'm talking about...you are blessed! I have one of those friends and I do feel blessed each time I speak with her. Anyway, I wanted to make a special little card to let her know that I think she is an amazing person....
I love how "girly" this card turned out!
* I created my card base using the Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities die Grand Scalloped Squares on white cardstock.
* Using the same die, I cut 4 more squares using this gorgeous paper from Paper Studio. This is from the Ooh La La paper stack....I LOVE it!
* I inked up all the edges using Ranger's Worn Lipstick and adhered the layers together, having the width of one scallop showing and trimming off the excess at the top.
* That fabulous ribbon was sent to me from my dear friend Eva and is from Tim Holtz.
* The flower (oh how I love this flower!) is from Flower Shoppe. I just received this cart and could not wait to give it a try! I have to admit, the first two flowers I worked on didn't make the cut! But, I'm thinking...3rd times the charm cause I love this one! I used the example on page 12 of the handbook and cut all the layers at 3 inches, inked up the edges and added a gem to the center.
* Sentiment - Enjoy The Journey from Pink By Design.
So...I was pretty happy with the card, but wanted a little something extra. Remember those 66 extra composition notebooks that I just happen to have on hand? Well...I pulled one of those out....
You know, we all need a place to record our special thoughts and dreams. I think this little book will do the job nicely!
* Same die cut, same papers, same ink.
* That dreamy sentiment is from the Sophisticated Cricut cartridge and is cut at 1.5 inches.
* More of that gorgeous ribbon and a bit of bling really added to the "girly" look.
And here's the set...
Ok...thanks for bearing with me through my project! I'm thinking it's time to name a winner!
I had an amazing 107 comments on my post for the blog hop! Wow! A big thank you to all of you for stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments! You guys make my day! So, I put the numbers in the Random Number Generator and this is what I got....