Happy Monday to you and Happy Columbus Day!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and for those of you who also have today off...enjoy!
It's time for another Challenge Me Monday over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog and we have a fun challenge for this week....
Decor And More!
* Remember that your project must have at least one Cricut cut on it somewhere!
I have been working on a lot of Halloween and Christmas projects over the last few weeks, so I thought it was about time try my hand at a Thanksgiving project. I used Cricut's Celebrate With Flourish for all the cuts on today's projects...
For my project, I started with 6 X 6 canvas squares that I picked up at Michael's. I painted each square with Delta's Red Iron Oxide...
Next, I cut 2 layers for each canvas. The dark brown layer of cardstock is cut at 5.5 X 5.5 inches and the printed olive green cardstock is cut at 5.25 X 5.25 inches. I inked up the edges of each layer using Versafine's Vintage Sepia ink and adhered the layers together using glue only in the center because my next step is to use my sewing machine for a zig-zag stitch....
After stitching all around the layers, it's time for some ribbon. I knew I wanted to use some Crinkle ribbon, but I wanted a different look. So, back to my machine to add a gathering stitch down the length of my ribbon. After stitching, gently pull the thread to gather your ribbon...
I used 3 different Spellbinders die cuts for the sentiment mats (details to follow) and the sentiments are all from the Bountiful Blessing stamp set from Pink byDesign. After adjusting my ribbon and sentiment mats, I adhered the cardstock layers to each canvas piece. I used Zip Dry glue for this step. Next, I cut, layered and added my images. I will have the measurements for you under each individual photo...
* The hat is cut at 4. 75 inches. I used Glossy Accents on the flourishes and on the buckle.
* I cut extra leaves at various sizes (2 -3.5 inches) and embossed them with Forrest Branches.
* The mat for this canvas was cut with Spellbinders' Ribbon Tag Trio.
* The turkey is cut at 4.5 inches. I added Glossy Accents to the flourishes.
* This sentiment mat is from the Spellbinders die Lacy Ovals.
* I tucked a couple of leaves under the mat and in the bottom corner.
* The cornucopia is cut at 2.75 inches. I added Glossy Accents to the flourishes and to the pumpkin.
* The sentiment mat is from Spellbinders' Grommet Tags. I added a couple of brown gems to either side of the sentiment and tucked a few leaves around the sides of the mat.
I am really happy to have some new Thanksgiving decor for my home this year! I hope you have enjoyed your visit with me today and I look forward to hearing your thoughts about my project. Please stop by the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog and see what the other designers have created for your inspiration today! I happen to know that there are some fabulous projects waiting for you!
Until next time,