Sunday, May 1, 2011

1000 Gifts

Can you believe that it's Monday already?
I don't know where my weekend goes!  But, that's ok because if it's Monday it's time for
Challenge Me Monday at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!

This week's challenge is all about Flowers.  For this week's challenge, you will need to use at least 3 flowers and you must have at least one Cricut cut.

I would like to share my project with you and then I have a few photos of how I put everything together.  For those who are interested, I would also like to share my inspiration for this project. I decided to make a journal for myself and I love the way it turned out....



I started off with two 8 1/2 X 11 pieces of chipboard.
I inked up the edges with Ranger's Vintage Photo ink.  I used two different paper stacks from
K & Company, "Life's Journey" and "Classic K".  I used this paper to cover the front and back of each piece of chipboard and inked up these edges.


I used 8 1/2 X 11 inch off-white cardstock for my inside pages.  I used my Cinch to punch holes on the sides of the paper. Then I cut off 1/4 inch from the top, bottom and one side of each sheet so that the pages would fit neatly between the front and back covers. I also inked up the edges of each inside page.

My flowers were created using the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge.
I cut flowers at various sizes from several different papers.  Sizes ranged from 1 inch to 3 inches.
I inked all the edges with Ranger Ink and adhered the layers with glue dots.  A pearl in the center finished off each flower.

The label was created with Lacy Labels using cut #34 at 6 inches.
The title is made from Ashlyn's Alphabet and each letter is cut at 1 1/4 inch.


(Close up of flowers)


I used my Cinch to bind everything together.


And again, the finished journal.

I would really like to share with you my inspiration for this journal.  I recently read a wonderful book that has made an impact on the way I see my day to day life.  The name of the book is
"One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.


In her book, the author shares her story of learning to see the little everyday things in our lives as part of God's gifts to us.  She decided to make a journal to record these gifts which can be as simple as a beautiful sunset or the sweet sound of a baby laughing.  I have been inspired to create my own journal of 1000 Gifts and I believe it will make me take a deeper look into just how wonderfully my Creator blesses me each and every day.  To learn more about Ann Voskamp and her book, you can visit her website A Holy Experience.

Ok, this has been a long post (even for me) and it's time to move along!  I hope you enjoyed my project for this week's Challenge Me Monday and I hope you will stop by for a visit at FCCB and check out all the work done by our very talented Design Team!  When you finish visiting....
go get creative, then link up your project.  I can't wait to see what you create!

Until next time,




9 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this turned out Tanya! The paper is GORGEOUS! and so are those Flowers! Ohhhh Sooo Pretty! :O)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project and I am now intrigue by the book, lol!! It sounds a very inspirational experience.

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal is GORGEOUS!! The flowers are absolutely beautiful. The journal itself is something for which you can be thankful.
    Thanks so much for sharing the story behind the creation of your journal. I'm interested in checking it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is so special! I love it. I will definitely need to check out this book--thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal is beautiful!! The flowers are gorgeous! I hope it's soon filled with 1000 wonderful gifts!!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! What a fabulous idea...it's so pretty, too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanya, you are so talented! I've been wanting to make myself a journal for a while now. I just LOVE how yours turned out. Thanks so much for sharing. It's truly beautiful and you just have terrific taste! Can't wait to make one for myself, but I need a good binding machine. How do you like your Cinch? I can't decide between that and a Bind-It-All by Zutter...

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea, Tanya! I love how your journal turned out. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs