Monday, April 4, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays....

....don't have to get you down!
Especially when you join us in the fun at




This week's challenge is all about having fun with those rainy, spring days!  Our challenge this week is...

April Showers
Make any spring project using a hat or an umbrella.
Remember to use at least one Cricut cut!

Here is my project for this week's challenge...



Recipe:

* Paper - DCWV - Latte Stack
I started with a solid brown mat adhered to my 5 X 7 card.  Then I added 4 panels of striped paper layered on top of the solid green cardstock.  Then I ran the dark blue mat (5 X 4) through my Cuttlebug using the Sizzix folder "Swirls".  This was layered on top of another brown mat and centered on my 4 panels.

* Next, I used the Cricut cartridge "A Child's Year" to cut out the little boy with an umbrella.  This cut was made at 4 1/2 inches using the light blue paper. I used a darker blue to cut the same image using the Shadow Feature.  I cut this layer twice so that I could layer them using pop-dots.

* The circles were cut using the Cricut cartridge "George". The light blue circle was cut at 2 1/4 inches, the darker blue at 2 1/2 inches and I cut 2 brown circles at 2 3/4 inches.  I used pop-dots between the two brown circles so that it would stand out against the mat.

* The sentiment is from a stamp by Stampology.  I stamped it with brown ink and used my embossing gun along with some holographic embossing powder.

* To finish up, I added some twine and a button from my button jar.



And here's the inside of the card...


After layering my papers, I added the umbrella cut at 1 3/4 inches.

I hope you have enjoyed my card for this week's challenge.
Now, it's your turn...get creative and link up your project at FCCB!
I can't wait to see what you create!

Until next time,





26 comments:

  1. so Awesome! I have that Latte Stack and I love it! Great job with the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card, Tanya! I love the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Tanya, and the inside layers make the card even more special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! ACY is one of my fave's and you've created a wonderful card. Love the color combo, the buttons, and the twine.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that's why I love A Child's Year!! Wonderful card...great colors...perfect stamp! :-)

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, Tanya! I love the colors and the design. And, I really like how you finished the inside of the card, too. You are Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific Card Tanya! I Like all the different uses for the Umbrella (IE Stamps, CUTS) and the colors are wonderful! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice card...I love it! :o)

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tones you've chosen for this card, Tanya! What a super sentiment, too! What a lovely card - inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Card! Love the cut and colors you used.

    Marlene
    FCCB & Birthday Sundaes DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute card I posted it over at Craftsbyjen.com which has a link back to your website , Thanks Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and I love the embossing..super cute! Thanks for sharing!!
    sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! ACY is one of my all time faves! Love the buttons and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card. The inside as as pretty as the outside. I was just reading your bio on the left side of your blog.. it sounds very similar to me..I have always been trying some sort of craft, crocheting, knitting, xstitch, quilting, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card. I love it! I am now following and think your blog is terrific.

    callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tanya,

    What a cute card!!! :) Even the inside looks gorgeous!

    I am still not caught up (my taxes have been weighing on me), but I wanted to sneak over for a few minutes.

    Thanks so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super job ( as always! ) love how you finished the inside to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The stamp you have used it great, I really like it! The colours work so nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't see this in my reader yesterday! Lovely card. I love the twine, the embossing and great image from the ACY cart! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a cute project:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Tanya for giving me support and by leaving a comment on the Moxie Fabber of the Week article, you are always so nice and it has been a joy to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love the singing in the rain sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. so so so so cute

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs