....don't have to get you down!
Especially when you join us in the fun at
over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
This week's challenge is all about having fun with those rainy, spring days! Our challenge this week is...
Make any spring project using a hat or an umbrella.
Remember to use at least one Cricut cut!
Here is my project for this week's challenge...
* Paper - DCWV - Latte Stack
I started with a solid brown mat adhered to my 5 X 7 card. Then I added 4 panels of striped paper layered on top of the solid green cardstock. Then I ran the dark blue mat (5 X 4) through my Cuttlebug using the Sizzix folder "Swirls". This was layered on top of another brown mat and centered on my 4 panels.
* Next, I used the Cricut cartridge "A Child's Year" to cut out the little boy with an umbrella. This cut was made at 4 1/2 inches using the light blue paper. I used a darker blue to cut the same image using the Shadow Feature. I cut this layer twice so that I could layer them using pop-dots.
* The circles were cut using the Cricut cartridge "George". The light blue circle was cut at 2 1/4 inches, the darker blue at 2 1/2 inches and I cut 2 brown circles at 2 3/4 inches. I used pop-dots between the two brown circles so that it would stand out against the mat.
* The sentiment is from a stamp by Stampology. I stamped it with brown ink and used my embossing gun along with some holographic embossing powder.
* To finish up, I added some twine and a button from my button jar.
And here's the inside of the card...
After layering my papers, I added the umbrella cut at 1 3/4 inches.
I hope you have enjoyed my card for this week's challenge.
Now, it's your turn...get creative and link up your project at FCCB!
I can't wait to see what you create!
Until next time,