Monday, March 7, 2011

If it's Monday...it must be wash day.


The challenge this week at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is all about trees.
Within a few minutes of learning the theme, the laundry scene above came to mind.
I have had so much fun on this challenge (I enjoy scrapping laundry much more than doing laundry)!


For the trees, I used my "Stretch Your Imagination" Cricut cartridge.  I cut out each tree twice at 7 1/2 inches and used pop-dots to layer them together.  The tree tops went through my Cuttlebug in the "Preserves" folder.  I used "Distressed Stripes" on the tree trunks. Each piece was inked up with Ranger Ink.
I cut 2 long strips of green-striped paper and used a Martha Stewart punch to create the grass.
The yellow flowers are from the "Country Life" cartridge. These were cut at a tiny 1 1/2 inch and inked up.


The laundry on the line was so much fun to make!  I love the way this turned out!  This cut is also from "Country Life" at 3 inches.  This cut includes a clothes line that I cut away and replaced with this adorable Baker's Twine.  Then, using my white gel pen, some ink and some gems, I gave this laundry some style!
The laundry basket is actually what looks like an Easter basket from the "My Community" cartridge.
I cut the basket out twice, cut away the handles, layered them together and inked away. I think it makes a great little laundry basket!  The towel is from yet another cartridge..."Everyday Paper Dolls".


The clouds are from the "April Showers" seasonal cartridge and are cut at 1 1/2 inches and 2 inches.
I used the "Swiss Dots" cuttlebug folder and inked them with Ranger's "Stormy Sky" ink.

I found this frame at Hobby Lobby and thought it would be perfect for my project!
It is 9 X 11 inches which is just perfect for using scrapping paper.

I hope you have enjoyed my little wash-day scene!
If you have any questions on this or any other project, just leave me a comment.
Now, it's your turn...hop over to FCCB and check out the challenge, then get busy!  I'll be checking in to see your creations!

And now...since it really is Monday....sigh...guess what I have to go do.....

Until next time,

Tanya
(with the wash-day blues)

26 comments:

  1. Tanya!! This is adorable!! I LOVE IT! It would go *perfectly* on the wall in my laundry room!! I may have to go buy the Country Life cartridge and do it myself!! Great job with the challenge.

    Maquel (fellow DT member)
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Will be perfect in a laundry room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya,
    This is so cute, I love it
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project turned out amazing! I love it. There is so much detail that you put into it. The embossing adds so much and I love how you used the twine. And, what a great idea to frame your work of art! Great job as always!

    Oh, and I totally agree that scrapping laundry is way more fun than doing laundry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO super cute!!!! Love the trees, especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most fun way of doing laundry! I love how this turned out, Tanya! You did an awesome job on the challenge!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute and would be so cute in my laundry room. I so need to get this cart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just AWESOME...I love all the details and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness--this is sooooo wonderful. I love your clothes line-- wow! I think I shall need to add Country Life to my list of "needs."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, this is how we did laundry when I was a little girl (well at least how my mom did) And I do have several loads of laundry to do... I think I'll just look at your card instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really how you embossed the tree to make it stand out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used all those different cartridges and I enlarged the picture so I could really enjoy all those tiny details! It's soooooooooooo cute, it ALMOST makes me want to do some laundry, almost....lol It's going to be the BEST designing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Give me a idea for my mother for mother's day. When ever she does laundry it has to go on the line, even in the dead of winter. :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! It turned out so cute, there's alot of detail in it. I can almost smell the fresh air! Great job!

    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your project!! Is so cute!! I love the twine with the clothespins!! Cute,cute,cute!!
    I hate doing laundry, this kind of laundry is so much better!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card! I love the embossing and the twine to hand up the clothes!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pretty laundry scene which so deserves to be in a frame! Love all the cuts, embossing, and details! The twine is perfect! A beautiful project!!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was dropping by Fantabulous Cricut and saw your creation and had to drop by to say hi! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I will have to follow your blog to see your other fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this Creation Tanya! I'm planning on making something...but I don't know what yet... but yours just POPPED right at me! AWESOME! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tanya, that is just amazing! That frame fits so perfectly with your design, I just can't get enough of it! It's so cute and something I'd be very proud to hang that in my house! Great job, friend! :0)
    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Design Team Member)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute, and I agree, much betetr than laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! I saw this on Fantabulous Cricut and just had to come by to tell you and how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Its soooo flippin adorable....GREAT job!!! I have always wanted to make something like this for my laundry room!!!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just ADORABLE!!! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa N
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is wonderful!! I especially love all the little details you've added - like the red "thread" on the socks and the little gem on the bra and little flowers around the tree. The embossed trees are fabulous too!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOWZA...love this realistic looking card.

    Loanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs