Are you ready for another fun challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog?
I hope you are because this challenge is lots of fun...it's all about....
Why...because it's Robin's birthday! That's right...the Fearless Leader of FCCB has a birthday this week!
How old?...ummmm...I'm not going there...you ask her!
So, when you link up your project for this week's challenge be sure to wish Robin a happy birthday!
This month also happens to be my sweet grandson's second birthday. Awwww...I don't know where the time has gone but it' time to say...
Blake turns 2....
For this project I began with one of those great frames made for a scrapbook page.
What's so great is that once Blake turns 3, this page can be popped out, put into a scrapbook and a page about Blake's 3rd birthday can then be put into the frame. This frame was purchased at Michael's and I think they run about 20 dollars...use a coupon!
* Patterned paper is from DCVW - The Celebrations Stack
* The banner is cut from "Straight From the Nest" using both the Layer and Layer/Shadow features.
*The letters for Blake's name are cut from "Birthday Bash" at 1 inch, using the Font and Shadow features.
* Skittles at the top of each banner are from Recollections available at Michael's
* I used pop-dots on the banner pieces to raise them up off the page. In the following picture, you can see the yellow ribbon connecting the banner sections...
* The number 2 is also from "Birthday Bash" and I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Spots and Dots folder. Then I added Stickles to the dots for some bling.
* The yellow mat behind the number 2 is actually the sunshine from "Create a Critter" cut at 3 1/2 inches.
* The birthday cake is cut from "Sweet Treats" at 3 inches. This cake got the works!
I embossed the white layers with Divine Swirls, added Stickles to the flames and icing, then added
Glossy Accents to the plate.
* I added pop-dots to the bottom portion of the cake so that Blake's mommy can add a photo to the photo mat and just slip the corner right under the candles.
I think you can see all the layers in this photo.
I added two 4 X 6 photo mats to hold a couple of Blake's birthday party pictures.
I'm hoping that Blake and his mommy enjoy this frame...at least until....Blake turns 3.
Until next time,